Offering PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatments in your clinic is a natural progression of services offered. This treatment is an excellent add-on to your aesthetic clinic, as it is becoming an increasingly popular treatment to improve the texture of the skin, create better skin tone, firm the skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and promote hair growth, as it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production within your clients skin, as it has growth factors. This treatment is very lucrative, as it incurs very little outlays. PRP can also be used on all skin types and used for both skin texture and volume.
PRP treatments are also known as ‘Vampire Facials’ as this procedure begins with drawing blood from your client, which is then placed in a centrifuge machine and spun at high speed to separate the different components of blood, such as the plasma from the red blood cells. The plasma is then drawn up in to a syringe and inject back in to the chosen areas, using a needling technique.
PRP facials help to slow down ageing and sometimes even reverse it, as plasma contains a high content of growth factors and proteins that will help to heal injured tissue or damaged skin, which in turn trigger surrounding cells to rapidly rejuvenate and stimulate the repair or skin cells and increasing the volume of skin with an amazing rejuvenating effect and hair loss.
The effectiveness of PRP treatment depends highly on the clinician, the type of centrifuge used and the protocol used to obtain PRP. The higher the concentration of pure platelet rich plasma, while excluding red blood cells, the better.
During this course you will learn how to effectively draw blood (Phlebotomy). How to safely separate the blood cells using a centrifuge machine and then how to administer harvested plasma back into the skin using a Dermaroller, Dermapen and Mesotherapy techniques.
On average this treatment can earn you £200 – £400, depending on the area you are treating, the treatment you are giving and the area in which you work. You will be shown how to mix plasma with serums, such as Vitamin C or Hyaluronic Acid, according to your clients’ needs.
Benefits of a PRP Facial
- PRP & Dermapen treatments are perfect for acne scars and scaring.
- This treatment will improves aged and sun damaged skin.
- PRP will improve facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles.
- There are no side effects or allergic reactions to the treatment, as only your clients own blood can be used.
- Your clients skin will look healthier, as it boosts collagen production.
- PRP & Mesotherapy/Dermapen rejuvenates the skin with a tightness and glow.
What will be covered within this unit:
- Health, safety & hygiene for both Phlebotomy, handling blood and carrying out a PRP treatment.
- Anatomy & Physiology of skin
- Preparation of work area for both parts of this treatment
- Client consultation & preparation
- Procedure & technique demonstration
- Contra-actions & aftercare advice
You will receive:
- Step by step manual
- All training equipment supplied on the day for your training
- No case studies needed
- Students will receive and do the treatment on the day
- Quality training, small classes
- IPHM Accredited certificate, which will allow you to get Public Liability Insurance for your business
This is a 1-day course and will be run between 10.00am – 5:30pm.
*Please note that the number of hours required to complete this course can vary depending on the class size, and the speed of learning.
Please be advised, that if you are squeamish or not able to take or see blood be taken, then this course is not for you.
- For this course, students do need a certificate in Level 3 Beauty Therapy, ITEC/HND, nurse, doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
- Certificate in Mesotherapy, Microneedling and Dermapen.
If you do not hold one of these qualifications, unfortunately our accrediting bodies for insurance will not cover your application.
If you would like to get trained to this level, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.
Get Started Today!
- During this unit you will learn how carry out a needling treatments.
- We will cover products and equipment needed to carry out the treatment.
- All equipment will be provided on the day of training.
- This class does have both male and female students.
- Call or email for dates and time.
- Your payment will secure your place and is non-refundable.
What You Will Need!
What you will need on the day of training is:
All students are required to bring and wear a face mask, whilst on the premise. Any students who do not have a mask, will not be allowed to enter the college, and will lose their fee.
During your course, all products and equipment will be provided. Please feel free to wear comfortable clothing, with flat shoes and your hair tied up.