Within this unit you will learn about how to maintain and improve facial skin conditions using different methods, such as exfoliation, skin warming, comedone extraction, facial massage, mask treatments and facial moisturising products, and how you can maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout your work.
You will be shown how to prepare and provide different facial skin care treatments
- Follow health and safety working practices within your salon.
- Preparing yourself, your client and your work area for facial skin care treatments
- Contra-indication & Contra-actions
- How to use suitable consultation techniques to identify the best treatment objectives.
- To carry out a skin analysis.
- To be able to select the correct products, tools and equipment to suit client treatment needs,skin types and conditions.
- Position yourself and the client correctly throughout the treatment, to prevent any injury.
- Communicate and behave in a professional manner with your clients.
- To provide clear recommendations to the client.
- Complete the treatment to the satisfaction of the client.
- Record the results of the treatment.
- Provide suitable aftercare advice.