Dermaplaning is a non-invasive but effective exfoliating facial treatment, which give immediate results.
Although Dermaplaning is thought of as a relatively new treatment, it has been practiced by dermatologists for decades to prepare the skin for further treatments.
Dermaplaning is a safe, high-impact skin exfoliation process that works in a similar way to microdermabrasion. For this treatment, a surgical scalpel is used to gently shave away dead surface skin and the fine ‘peach fuzz’ (vellus) hairs on the face. The combination of deep manual exfoliation and hair removal leaves skin silky smooth and brighter, plus make-up glides on easily, making it the perfect facial treatment before a big night out. The exfoliating action also stimulates fresh collagen and elastin production, helping reduce signs of aging, as cells regenerate after the treatment. it also helps reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dermaplaning is also effective if you have dry or rough skin, scarring or uneven pigmentation, as it polishes away the build-up of dead and damaged skin cells, revealing fresh, radiant skin underneath.
The Benefits of Dermaplaning are:
- Removes dead skin cells
- Removes peach fuzz facial hair, which traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production
- Allows products to penetrate deeper in to the skin
And much much more, making this a very sought after treatment.
What will be covered within this unit:
- Health, safety & hygiene
- Anatomy & Physiology of skin
- Preparation of work area
- Client consultation
- Client preparation
- Procedure & technique demonstration
- Contra-actions & aftercare advice
You will receive:
- Step by step manual
- All training equipment supplied on the day for your training
- No case studies needed
- Quality training, small classes
- ABT & IPHM Accredited certificate, which will allow you to get Public Liability Insurance for your business
This is a 1-day course and will be run between 9:30am – 5:30pm.
*Please note that the number of hours required to complete this course can vary depending on the class size, and the speed of learning.
For this course, students do need a certificate in Level 2 Beauty Therapy, ITEC/HND, nurse, doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
If you do not hold one of these qualifications, unfortunately our accrediting bodies for insurance will not cover your application.
If you would like to get trained to this level, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.
Get Started Today!
- During this unit you will learn how carry out a Dermaplaning facial treatment.
- We will cover products and equipment needed to carry out the treatment.
- All equipment will be provided on the day of training.
- This class does have both male and female students.
- Student will work on each other on the day.
- Call or email for dates and time.
- Your payment will secure your place and is non-refundable.
What You Will Need!
What you will need on the day of training is:
All students are required to bring and wear a face mask, whilst on the premise. Any students who do not have a mask, will not be allowed to enter the college, and will lose their fee.
During your course, all products and equipment will be provided. Please feel free to wear comfortable clothing, with flat shoes and your hair tied up.