Terms and Conditions – Online Course
The following Terms and Conditions for your Online Course Booking (the “Agreement”) take effective when you agree to them.
BETWEEN: THE BEAUTY TRAINING ACADEMY (the “Service Provider”, ‘our’, ‘we’ or ‘us’), a corporation existing and organised under the laws of England and Wales, with its training academy at: 2nd Floor, 83 Packhorse Road. Gerrards Cross. Buckinghamshire. SL9 8PQ, and you, the client.
WHILE, the Service Provider is in the business of Practical Training (If applicable to your course) and the supply of digital training materials relating to your current booking and all future bookings; and
WHILE, this Agreement contains the Service Provider’s terms of engagement;
THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual pledges and agreements herein contained, you, the client, hereto are intending, to be legally bound, agree to the following:
- THE MEANING OF WORDS USED IN THIS AGREEMENT
‘WE’, ‘US’ or ‘OUR’ Is a reference to THE BEAUTY TRAINING ACADEMY 2nd Floor, 83 Packhorse Road. Gerrards
Cross. Buckinghamshire. SL9 8PQ.
‘PARTIES’ Is a reference to both us and you.
‘YOU’ or ‘YOUR’ Refers to the person to whom we are providing our service and who is required to pay for the
services we provide.
‘COURSE’ and ‘COURSES’ Means the course or courses provided by us to you as part of the service.
‘SERVICES’ Means the beauty course/s and any additional course materials that we provide to you in accordance to your booking, or any further details of which appear on our website and/or on your booking confirmation form.
- ENTERING A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT
- When you place your order for one or more of our services it is an agreement by you, to enter a legal contract with us.
- You and us will only enter a binding contract when we receive your order, and a notification from us has been sent to you, that your order has been accepted, at which point a binding contract between you and us will come into effect, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- You should keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL
We provide training courses which may include both practical training and digital content. The following right to cancel terms are set out in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 permits consumer customers to cancel a contract after having been entered in to, subject to certain limitations and requirements. You have the right to cancel the contract up to 14 days, from the day the contract is entered in to. If you access any of the online training materials, within this period, you are giving your explicit consent and acknowledge that your right to cancel is lost by accessing the materials. By digitally signing this contract, you are agreeing to the above.
- If you have the right to cancel, then:
- You can do so, by contacting us via email at email@example.com, and complete the cancellation of service form, which we will send you, stating that you wish to cancel the contract between us and you; and.
- You will need to send us the notice of cancellation via email, within the 14-day period, from the date the contract is entered, which is the day that you receive your confirmation from us accepting your order.
- After we receive your notice of cancellation and confirm your bank details, we will refund any monies due to you within 30 working days.
- SERVICES PROVIDED
- Once we and you have entered in to a legally binding contract we will provide you with the applicable course material, which will consist on eBooks and video tutorials (where applicable), via our online secure course portal.
- Our aim is to always provide you with the services need to achieve training and a certificate of achievement:
- Our training follows accepted practices and standards in the beauty industry; and
- In compliance with the laws and regulations of England and Wales enforced at the time of our agreement.
- ASSESSMENTS/ CASE STUDIES
- This is an online course, which allows you to work at a speed that is comfortable for you, from you own home.
- You will be required to upload a Before, During and After picture of three case studies. When these have been completed, and uploaded, they will then come to us, where they will get assessed and marked. We will get back to you within 7 working days (Monday-Friday) with your result, or any comments we have. Please keep an eye out for our email, and if you have any questions, please call us.
- Your certificate will be uploaded to your Course Portal, which you can then save, and print off. If you would like us to print and post your certificate to you, there will be an additional £10 charge for this service.
- The course must be completed within 6 month from the date you enter your contract.
- You will have a 14-day cooling off period once you enter in to an agreement with us.
On accessing the Course Portal, you will be given the opportunity to access the digital content. If you access the digital content within the 14-day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel.
- Our student portal has been designed to work on Desktop PC’s running Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Although we believe our systems work with all versions of such browsers, we recommend keeping your browser fully up to date, to make the most of all our tools. Our Course Portal may be displayed differently on different browsers and devices, depending on the specific browser’s limitations.
- An internet connection is required to access the Course Portal.
- Technical issues or difficulties should be reported as soon as possible, after accessing your Course Portal by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can fix the issue, or get back to you with help or advice.
If you feel that the online videos are not enough, and you would like to come into the college for some more help or guidance, there will be a charge of £150 per day. A model, tools and equipment will be provided at the college, on that day.
- YOUR CONDUCT AND OBLIGATIONS BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE COURSE
- The course is an Online home study course; you must ensure that you carry out the studies as stated in the relevant course eBooks and videos, within the 6-month period. Failure to do so may lead to you not achieving the course requirements and not being provided with a certificate.
- Some courses require students to complete a patch test prior to attending. It is the students’ responsibility to ensure the patch testing has been completed and we accept no responsibility for any reaction which may occur. For full details and to check if your course requires a patch test please visit our website and refer to your eBooks or videos, or by contacting the academy via email, at email@example.com.
- During the course, you must start with The Fundamental Unit, watch each video, and then do the quiz, before moving on to the next video.
Each video goes through snippets of what is in your eBook, so do refer to you eBook too.
- Once ‘The Fundamental’ unit is complete, move on to the Anatomy and Physiology unit, doing the same, by which I mean, watch each video and doing the relevant quiz, again the videos are snippet of the eBook, so please do use your eBook for more information. You will receive a certificate for your Anatomy and Physiology, once this unit is complete.
- When both The Fundamental and Anatomy and Physiology units are complete, watch all the subject videos, and then begin your practicing.
- You will need to carry out 3 case studies, with before, during the treatment and after pictures, which will need to be uploaded and submitted for marking, to achieve your certificate. Please allow 7 working days, for a response.
- A certificate will be uploaded to your course portal, and a notification sent to you. This certificate can be then saved and printed by yourself for up to 4 months, where after your Course Portal be deactivated. If you would like a printed version, there will an additional charge of £10 inc. P&P.
- DIGITAL MATERIALS
- All our digital materials, with include all the text, diagrams, literature, content, videos, eBook/manuals are the property of The Beauty Training Academy, and cannot be copied, duplicated or shared by anyone. Any reproduction, modification, or other unlawful use of any of our materials, is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action being taken against you.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The course fee appears on our website, and will be confirmed in your booking confirmation form.
- If we have made a mistake in the course fees quoted to you (for example, due to a technical error), we will inform you of the error as soon as reasonably possible. In such circumstances, you may either (a) pay the balance to us or (b) choose to cancel the course, in which case this contract will come to an end and all fees will be refunded to you. If you have been overcharged, please notify us, and we will amend the error as soon as reasonably possible.
- If paying via Payl8r, our contract will be complete on us receiving your payment from Payl8r. We will keep you posted with any information we receive from Payl9r with regards to your application.
- Payment must be paid in full in advance for the course.
- A confirmation email will be sent as soon as your payment has been received.
- If you access any the Course Portal you will waver the 14-day cancellation period.
- We take our customers’ data seriously. As such we use Stripe to process all our payments. All transaction information passed between The Beauty Training Academy and Stripe is encrypted via SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted.
- EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This clause limits our liability to you and we suggest that you read through its provisions very carefully;
- We do not exclude or limit liability for our negligence or negligent omission, which causes your personal injury or death.
- If any loss or damage suffered by you, relates to your business activities then we exclude all liability for any business loss, and we exclude all liability for loss of profits or other economic loss arising out of a breach of this contract.
- We do not accept any liability if treatments you carry out cause suffering or injury to your clients, or yourselves.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This clause limits our liability to you and we suggest that you read through its provisions very carefully.
- We will keep all your personal information private and confidential.
- COMMUNICATING WITH US
- We can be contacted on 01753886060 / 07376421780 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. We will get back to you by the next working day.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
We will have the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contract where:
- To comply with changes in the law or for regulatory reasons; or
- If we need to correct any errors or omissions (this right includes, the right to change any of the documentation which forms part of the contract), as long such corrections are minor and do not substantially affect the contract. If we choose to make any amendments, we will notify.
- CONTRACTS (RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES) ACT 1999
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, this contract is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
- LAWS AND JURISDICTION
This contract shall be governed and construed by the law of England and you and we agree to adhere to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions or queries regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact us before enrolling on a course.
- KITS & PRODUCTS PURCHASE TERMS
- Most courses will require a kit of some form, please check the tab entitled Kit Needed, and if you would like to purchase tools or equipment, and not sure where to buy them from, please to contact the academy, and we will be more than happy to put you in touch with some supplier. The Beauty Training Academy will take no responsibility for ordering, or negotiating prices with suppliers, or what you receive. That will be completely between you and the supplier.
- Kit from us, the description of what is included will be explained on the website. Kits will be dispatched within 5 working days, first class and signed for.
- Although we will endeavour to deliver goods by a date agreed, such a date is given in good faith and the company will not be liable for any failure to deliver by such a date.
- The Beauty Training Academy will have no liability to customers, whatsoever in respect of incorrect storage of the goods, or failure to observe the instructions or recommendations regarding the use of the goods.
- RETURN POLICY – DAMAGED IN TRANSIT
The Beauty Training Academy will accept the return of goods if damaged in transit if you:
- Notified to us within 3 WORKING DAYS OF DELIVERY, via email at email@example.com
- Returned the goods to us WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS.
- Goods must be returned unopened, unused and in a re-saleable condition.
- We are satisfied that the goods have not been opened or used any more than necessary to identify the need to return.
- We are satisfied that the goods were damaged in transit.
- The Beauty Training Academy at its discretion will either replace or repair the goods so that they comply with the contract. If we unable to replace or repair the goods we will issue a Credit Note.
- Goods can only be returned to The Beauty Training Academy due to the above, the Customer will not be entitled to return goods to The Beauty Training Academy after delivery, for any other reason.
- The Beauty Training Academy are entitled to refuse or accept the return of goods at its discretion. In the case of chemical products, The Beauty Training Academy will not replace or refund these goods, due to risk of contamination after leaving the premises.
- If, The Beauty Training Academy does agree to accept the return of goods, then the customer must pay for the goods to be returned, by appropriate means.
- Under these circumstances, the customer who returns the goods will normally incur a 15% of the price paid + VAT handling charge.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
The Beauty Training Academy